Banggood's Face Palette Review

8/29/2016

I have very mixed feelings about this product but I feel like I should share them anyway. I'm always up for trying new products and I'm honestly not really concerned about 'shady' stuff. I do an allergy test (and never had a reaction, thank you very much) and if it's all good then I'll use it. You only live once, guys! If I'm going to die, might as well die looking flawless, am I right?
I got this little face palette on Banggod for only US$4.39! It was nicely packed, nothing was broken or ripped, thank goodness. I didn't save the cardboard package because it was... Useless. It was a black package that only contained a list of ingredients and nothing else. The palette has no brand, no info, the shades don't have names so yeah it's very generic.
Some shades were really oily, straight up greasy and others were SO creamy I accidentally stabbed the pan with my finger. You don't get a lot of product in this but again, it's a really small palette, so it's a good option when you need something pratical and all-in-one during trips and stuff or if you just don't like to have a bunch of big containers around. This thing is made out of plastic (it's cheap for a reason, right?).
Now let's take a look at the swatches and talk about the shades:
#1: It's supposed to be a creamy highlighter. I don't know how that works. It's just a frosty white with glitter. It's impossible to blend unless you use your fingers or a sponge/brush, which will end up moving all your makeup around and making it look like you just put some glitter on your face. It also doesn't dry out so your face is tacky all day long.
#2: Blueish/Greenish concealer. Apply under your foundation to hide red spots on your face. I tried it on but didn't see a big difference. As long as you wear a full-coverage foundation, you won't need this.
#3: Pink concealer. Apply under foundation to hide blueish/greenish spots, like dark circles under the eyes. Didn't see a big difference, just like #2.
#4: This shade is so yellow, I probably will never use it. The pigmentation is also kinda meh. This was one of the oily shades.
#5 and #6: I actually used these as concealer, mostly #6. The pigmentation is really nice, it does the job.
#7: This one looks really pinky and it's far from matching my skin but it's sooo creamy.
#8 to #9: Really greasy shades, Almost couldn't pick up any product. It's like all the pigment hardened on the bottom leaving only a greasy layer on top.
#10: This actually looks like a good foundation match but you get so little product it's not a good idea to try applying it all over your face.
#11: Also too yellow. And oily, yuck.
#12: It's a nice shade but really greasy too.
#13 to #15: Contour, baby! I used #13 because I was scared #15 would look too harsh but I'll give that one a try sometime. These are probably the creamiest shades on the palette. #14 looks kinda red-ish so I don't know if I'll ever use it.

Overall thoughts? It's a nice product. The creams are easy to blend and they're not heavy on the face. I like the fact that you can start with a little bit of product and slowly build up the color until you achieve what you want. I'm no expert and until a few months ago I had never even tried contouring so this is a good item if you're a newbie on a budget. I have lots of Banggood products coming on the mail and I'm really excited to try them!

You Might Also Like

0 comments